How to Change Spotify Username?
Can You Change Your Spotify Username and Why is Mine Random?
Spotify is an app for streaming songs online. It gives you access to over 35 million songs. On Spotify, you do not only have the opportunity to listen to your favorite song. You can also listen to your favorite album, genre, and artist. Spotify features a free version, as well as a paid version. Due to this, it has over 170 million users. In addition to the fact that its free version has made it have lots of users, you do not need additional hardware or software to make use of Spotify. It is compatible with most devices. Contained in this article are methods that can be used in changing Spotify username.
A lot of people simply know Spotify as an app for streaming music online. The truth, however, remains that Spotify is more than an app for streaming music online. It also plays the role of a social media platform for music lovers to build a connection. So, think of Spotify as more than just a music streaming platform but also a social media platform. Since Spotify is also a platform for connecting people, a username is important. While it is generally believed that you cannot change your username on Spotify, there are actually methods you can make use of in an attempt to change your username. That being said, let us walk through methods that can be used to change your Spotify username.
Connect Your Spotify Account to Your Facebook Account
One very easy way to change your Spotify username is to link your Spotify account to your Facebook account. Once done, your Spotify username is altered to your Facebook username on its own. Follow the steps below to do this.
How to Alter Your Spotify Username Using A Desktop
There are no fixed rules to the way Spotify can be used. It can be made use of both as a website and an app. Also, regardless of the form you make use of Spotify, it is possible to connect your Spotify account to your Facebook account. When streaming music from Spotify through the use of a laptop, follow the steps below to link your Spotify account to your Facebook account.
- Go to www.spotify.com
- Select “login to Spotify”
- Put in the email address or the username you made use of when creating your account on Spotify.
- The next thing to be done is type in your password.
- After tying in your password, select “enter”
- Go to settings by clicking on the down arrow that is positioned in the top-right corner.
- The next thing to be done is get to social option
- Under social option, locate the “Facebook” section
- Once you locate the “Facebook” section, select “Connect to Facebook”
- After clicking on “Connect to Facebook”, Spotify will request for your Facebook login info
- At this point, your Facebook account has been linked to your Spotify account and your Spotify username will change automatically.
How to Alter Your Spotify Username on Mobile Devices
You do not have to visit www.Spotify.com to change your Spotify username. You can do this through the use of your Spotify app. To get this done, simply follow the steps below.
- Launch the Spotify app and fill in your login details
- Once logged in you will need to click on the settings icon that is positioned on the top right corner. After clicking on the settings icon, the next thing you need to do is click on social. Once this is done, locate Facebook.
- At this point, you will need to fill in your Facebook login details.
- After you fill in your Facebook login details, your Spotify username will automatically change to your Facebook username.
Open a New Facebook Account
Not everyone wants to change their Spotify username to their Facebook username. If you are one of those that do not want to change their Spotify username to their Facebook username, there is a way to go about this.
To change your Spotify username to a name that is not your Facebook name, all you need to do is create a new Facebook account with the name you want your Spotify username to be. The way this works is very easy. Each time you feel like changing our Spotify username, all you really need to do is change your Facebook username.
Open a Fresh Spotify account
Not everyone likes linking their Spotify account to their Facebook account because of issues of privacy. If you do not make use of a premium Spotify account, this can be handled very easily. All you need to do is get a new account and make use of the username of your choice. This, however, will not work if you have a premium Spotify account. Although this method does not work with a premium Spotify account, you have no reason to be worried. The reason for this is you pay some money to Spotify at the end of every month. So, when the month comes to an end, you can create a new account.
Do you already have your Spotify account linked to your Facebook account and need to undo it? You can do so by following the simple steps below.
- Launch the Spotify app
- Once launched, click on the settings App that is located in the right corner.
- The next thing to be done is head to social. As soon as you get to social, select disconnect from Facebook.
- After doing this, you can now go-ahead to open a new account.
- How to Create an Account on Spotify
- Creating an account on Spotify is quite easy. It can be done in some simple steps.
- To do this, go to Spotify.com/signup. You can also download the Spotify app, install it, and launch it.
- Once you download the Spotify app and launch it, you will need to fill in certain details.
- Put in your email
- Confirm this email
- Select a password that you can remember very easily
- The next thing to be done is to select a username. When making the choice of a username, it is vital that you select a name that you will not be changing anytime soon.
- Fill in other relevant details and select signup.
At this point, you have successfully created a fresh Spotify account with the username of your choice. While this is some level of progress, your old account has not be deleted. So, to ensure that no one identifies you with the old account anymore, simply delete it and it will be gone with your old username.
Deleting your old account is not something that can be done with just one action. It is something that can be done by following certain steps. The steps to be followed to delete your old Spotify account are;
- Go to www.spotify.com if you are making use of a desktop or PC. However, if you are making use of the Spotify app, simply launch the app.
- The next thing t b done is to log in and fill in your details.
- After filling in your details, you will be asked certain questions and will need to provide the right answer.
- Select “subscription”
- Select “I want to close my Spotify account permanently”
- Select “close account”
- The last step is to agree to the confirmation on the screen.
It is important to be aware of the fact that deleting your old Spotify account is synonymous to losing your followers, playlists, etc.
What Are Some of the Features of Spotify?
Spotify has some features which make it an amazing platform for streaming songs. Some of its many features are;
Amazing sound quality: On Spotify, you can change your sound to suit your taste. To do this, simply head to settings. And on settings, click on Music quality. This way you can customize the sound to suit your taste or change it entirely.
Create playlist folders: All you need to do to create a playlist is to go to file and then new playlist folder. While on this, it is important to note that this can only be done when making use of the desktop app.
Search for artists: Spotify comes with a feature that allows you to search for songs through a search box. You can also search for artists through this same process.
You can access your already deleted playlists: When a playlist gets deleted, it is not absolutely beyond your reach. It can be recovered. To recover your already deleted playlists, simply go to the account section of Spotify on the Spotify website. The next thing to be done is to visit settings and click on recover playlists.
Conclusion – Change Spotify Username
While it is possible to alter your Spotify username, you always have to bear in mind that you cannot change your Spotify password. Also, as soon as you delete your username, you cannot change your mind to make use of it. Although Spotify has not gone through an upgrade which will make it more comfortable for people that want to use it as a social media platform and not exactly because of streaming music, it comes with lots of features which make it stand out from other platforms and is, therefore, a streaming platform that cannot be easily abandoned. Hope you enjoyed this guide on how to change Spotify username.